【Notes】As a result of the change in months in each fiscal year, the environmental data and information contained in this report including graphs are as follows.
- ・Before fiscal 2013: Actuals in 12 months from April to March of the following year
- ・Fiscal 2014: Actuals for 9 months from April to December + Actuals for January to March 2014 (or estimated value) [Partially overlaps with fiscal 2013]
- ・After fiscal 2015 : Actuals for 12 months from January to December
●Total investments for the current period: ¥31.9 billion
●Total research and development expenses for the current period: ¥14.1 billion
Costs for Environmental Conservation (Millions of yen)
|Costs within the production sites||Pollution prevention costs||1,190||1,413||Operating cost of environmental facilities, measures to prevent emissions of toxic chemical substances|
|Global environmental conservation costs||77||25||Cost of energy conservation activities|
|Resource recycling costs||548||748||Recycling costs and waste processing costs|
|Upstream and downstream costs||-||99||Recycling and reuse of packaging materials, improvement of container packaging|
|Administrative costs||73||116||ISO 14001, environmental measurements, environmental education|
|Research and development costs||195||209||Development of environmentally friendly products|
|Social activity costs||-||0||Afforestation, beautification, provision of environmental information to host community residents|
|Environmental damage costs||-||-|
- Note: Environmental damage costs are included in pollution prevention costs.
Environmental Conservation Effects (Kuraray)
|Pollution prevention activities||SOx emissions||Tons||350||550||280||▲ 270|
|NOx emissions||Tons||1,779||1,770||1,623||▲ 147|
|Soot and dust emissions||Tons||31||31||32||1|
|PRTR substance emissions||Tons||902||855||719||▲ 136|
|Global environment conservation activities||GHG emissions||1,000 tons-CO2||1,310||1,301||1,221||▲ 80|
|Energy consumption||1,000 kL
(crude oil equivalent)
|Resource recycling activities||Unutilized externally processed industrial waste||Tons||875||1,735||1,772||37|
|Rate of effective waste utilization||%||97.8||97.1||97.2||0.1|
|Water resource usage*||million m³||72||71||71||0|
|Total discharge of wastewater*||million m³||65||61||65||4|
- * Excluding seawater
For detailed environmental data, please visit the site below.
- (1) Basis for environmental accounting calculations
- Reporting period: January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020
- Scope covered: Kuraray
- (2) Environmental conservation cost calculation criteria
- Depreciation: Straight-line method
- Standard for allocating costs: In principle, 100% of costs are allocated to individual environmental conservation items. However, a portion of costs is allocated on a pro-rata basis.
- (3) Standard for calculating environmental conservation effects
- Effects are calculated in a simple comparison with the total environmental load of the previous fiscal year and are not adjusted for production volume.
- (4) Standard for calculating economic effects (benefits) of environmental conservation measures.
- Although material effects such as income from recycling are known, benefits are deducted from environmental conservation costs.