●Total investments for the current period: 29.0 billion JPY
●Total research and development expenses for the current period: 13.9 billion JPY
Costs for Environmental Conservation (Millions of yen)
|Costs within the production sites||Pollution prevention costs||1,528||1,947||Operating cost of environmental facilities, measures to prevent emissions of toxic chemical substances|
|Global environmental conservation costs||30||20||Cost of energy conservation activities|
|Resource recycling costs||679||683||Recycling costs and waste processing costs|
|Upstream and downstream costs||-||126||Recycling and reuse of packaging materials, improvement of container packaging|
|Administrative costs||60||147||ISO 14001, environmental measurements, environmental education|
|Research and development costs||223||117||Development of environmentally friendly products|
|Social activity costs||-||0||Afforestation, beautification, provision of environmental information to host community residents|
|Environmental damage costs||-||-|
- Note: Environmental damage costs are included in pollution prevention costs.
【Notes】As a result of the change in months in each fiscal year, the environmental data and information contained in this report including graphs are as follows.
- ・Before fiscal 2013: Actuals in 12 months from April to March of the following year
- ・Fiscal 2014: Actuals for 9 months from April to December + Actuals for January to March 2014 (or estimated value) [Partially overlaps with fiscal 2013]
- ・After fiscal 2015 : Actuals for 12 months from January to December
Environmental Conservation Effects (Kuraray)
|Pollution prevention activities||SOx emissions||Tons||280||395||338||57|
|Soot and dust emissions||Tons||32||31||44||13|
|PRTR substance emissions||Tons||719||862||774||▲88|
|Global environment conservation activities||GHG emissions||thousand tons-CO2e||1,221||1,331||1,227||▲104|
|Energy consumption||1,000 kL
(crude oil equivalent)
|Resource recycling activities||Externally disposed industrial waste without effective use||Tons||1,772||1,851||1,960||109|
|Rate of effective use of waste||%||97.2||97.0||96.3||▲0.7|
|Water resource usage*||million m³||71||70||67||▲ 3|
|Total discharge of wastewater*||million m³||65||64||62||▲ 2|
- * Excluding seawater
For detailed environmental data, please visit the site below.
- (1) Basis for environmental accounting calculations
- Reporting period: January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022
- Scope covered: Kuraray
- (2) Environmental conservation cost calculation criteria
- Depreciation: Straight-line method
- Standard for allocating costs: In principle, 100% of costs are allocated to individual environmental conservation items. However, a portion of costs is allocated on a pro-rata basis.
- (3) Standard for calculating environmental conservation effects
- Effects are calculated in a simple comparison with the total environmental load of the previous fiscal year and are not adjusted for production volume.
- (4) Standard for calculating economic effects (benefits) of environmental conservation measures.
- Although material effects such as income from recycling are known, benefits are deducted from environmental conservation costs.