●Total investments for the current period: ¥50.0 billion
●Total research and development expenses for the current period: ¥14.4 billion
Costs for Environmental Conservation (Millions of yen)
|Costs within the sites||Pollution prevention costs||923||1,475||Operating cost of environmental facilities, measures to prevent emissions of toxic chemical substances|
|Global environmental preservation costs||86||77||Cost of energy conservation activities|
|Resource recycling costs||415||808||Recycling costs and waste processing costs|
|Upstream and downstream costs||-||105||Recycling and reuse of packaging materials, improvement of container packaging|
|Administrative costs||97||91||ISO 14001, environmental measurements, environmental education|
|Research and development costs||154||422||Development of environmentally friendly products|
|Social activity costs||-||0||Afforestation, beautification, provision of environmental information to host community residents|
|Environmental damage costs||-||-|
- Note: Environmental damage costs are included in pollution prevention costs.
Environmental Preservation Effects (Kuraray)
|Pollution prevention activities||SOx emissions||Tons||407||350||550||200|
|Soot and dust emissions||Tons||33||31||31||0|
|PRTR substance emissions||Tons||976||902||855||(47)|
|Global environment preservation activities||GHG emissions||1,000 tons-CO2||1,319||1,310||1,301||(9)|
|Energy consumption||1,000 kL
(crude oil equivalent)
|Resource recycling activities||Unutilized externally processed industrial waste||Tons||849||875||1,735||860|
|Rate of effective waste utilization||%||96.7||97.8||97.1||(1)|
|Water resource usage*||million m³||71||72||71||(1)|
|Total discharge of wastewater*||million m³||64||65||61||(4)|
- * Excluding seawater
For detailed environmental data, please visit the site below.
- (1) Basis for environmental accounting calculations
- Reporting period: January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019
- Scope covered: Kuraray sites
- (2) Environmental conservation cost calculation criteria
- Depreciation: Straight-line method
- Standard for allocating costs: In principle, 100% of costs are allocated to individual environmental conservation items. However, a portion of costs is allocated on a pro-rata basis.
- (3) Standard for calculating environmental conservation effects
- Effects are calculated in a simple comparison with the total environmental load of the previous fiscal year and are not adjusted for production volume.
- (4) Standard for calculating economic effects (benefits) of environmental conservation measures.
- Although material effects such as income from recycling are known, benefits are deducted from environmental conservation costs.